Saturday 9 January 2010

2009 MILESTONES - MY BEST MEMORIES TO REMEMBER

In year 2009 is another best year in my life as post graduate student in UKM. I have been 2 years in UKM and I learned so many new things and discovered how to be more passionate when doing research. It is one of the key aspects to make research more progressively. With my heart and soul, I try to give full commitment to deliver my output to my dearest supervisors, Dr Hamzah and Dr Jalaluddin. I am so happy that my articles have been published in International Journal. Even though the journals is not high impact but at least the door is opened for me to enhance my research writing. Thank you Dr Hamzah and Dr Jalaluddin for your support.

UKM and FSSK have gave opportunity for me to present my research papers at international seminar. From this platform, I can share my research to other experts in their fields. I met genius people who expert in area of global city (Prof Dr Sasskia Sassen) and network society (Prof Dr Manuel Castells). The seminar really assist me to build up my confident and motivate me to keep going to improve my writing. Early August 2009 I have started by survey research with 5 local authorities in Klang Valley such MPK, MBSA, MBPJ, MPSJ, MPSp and DBKL. The target group the this survey involved various city stakeholders from government servant to university students.

I am so grateful when Deputy Dean of FSSK Assoc Prof Dr Hazita Azman has put trust on me to organise FSSK Festival of International Postgraduates 2009 . The festival was held at FSSK Foyer on 17-18 August 2009. With the assistance from my beloved wife, I managed to obtain sponsorship from Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM) with amount of RM15,000. Actually is about a month to convince her how TM can benefit from this event. She also assist me to how encourage others corporate sectors to participate in this event such as Nestles and Media Prima. And also with encouragement from Dr Aishah and committees, I might not have strength and interest to assist Dr Hazita to make the event successful. The end of the festival I have made a surprise to Dr Hazita and Encik Rahim...what is my relationship with Puan Zul'aini Zulkifli. Thank you Dr Hazita and Dr Aishah who believe in me.

In the forth quarter of year 2009, I have a great opportunity when Public Service Department of Malaysia had sponsored my attachment programme in Loughborough University. I have wonderful experience working with brilliant people in Globalization and Global City Network (GaWC) of Department of Geography. The best part of this programme is I have been assigned to work with Prof Dr Peter Taylor and Dr John Harrison. They taught me how to improve my research and developed my research niche. I missed Loughborough and my family really enjoyed here. My children enjoyed when snow showering our housing area - 61 Burder Street. Year 2009 is the best year in my life.

Here the list of my 2009 achievements.

Papers Presented
1. International Geographical Union (IGU) Malaysia, 2009 : Commission On Marginalization, Globalization, Regional And Local Responses which was held in Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) Shah Alam, Faculty of Architecture, Planning and Surveying 6-8 July 2009. Paper EFFICIENT URBAN GOVERNANCE IN MANAGING AND ENHANCING COMPETITIVENESS OF KUALA LUMPUR CITY-REGION

2. International Conference on Development (ICD2009 which was held in International Islamic University Malaysia (UIAM) 28-30 July 2009 .Paper THE ROLE OF EFFICIENT URBAN GOVERNANCE IN MANAGING NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT

3. International Forum On Urbanism (IFOU 2009) which was held in Delft University Of Technology, The Netherlands 26 – 28 November 2009. Paper THE NEW URBAN QUESTION ON EFFICIENT URBAN GOVERNANCE IN MANAGING AND ENHANCING COMPETITIVENESS OF KUALA LUMPUR CITY-REGION

4. International Conference on Social Sciences and Humanities (ICOSH 2009) which was held in National University of Malaysia (UKM) 3-4 December 2009. Paper CIVIL SOCIETY EMPOWERMENT TOWARDS EFFICIENT URBAN GOVERNANCE IN KUALA LUMPUR CITY-REGION

Papers Published in International Journal
1. Asian Profile International Journal Vol 37 No 6 (2009) Title : EFFICIENT URBAN GOVERNANCE IN MANAGING AND ENHANCING COMPETITIVENESS OF THE KUALA LUMPUR CITY-REGION . Submitted 19 May 2009. Accepted 21 July 2009

2. Asian Social Science International Journal Vo 5 No 8 (2009) Title :THE ROLE OF EFFICIENT URBAN GOVERNANCE IN MANAGING KUALA LUMPUR CITY-REGION DEVELOPMENT Submitted 3 June 2009 Accepted 22 Jun 2009

3. European Journal of Social Science Title EFFICIENT URBAN GOVERNANCE IN MANAGING AND ENHANCING COMPETITIVENESS OF THE RETAIL AND OFFICE SECTORS IN KUALA LUMPUR CITY-REGION Submitted 17 June 2009 Accepted 24 Jun 2009

Attachment Programme
Attachment Programme at Department Of Geography and Globalization and Global City Network (GaWC) Loughborough University, United Kingdom from 23 September 2009 – 23 December 2009


Seminar Attended
Liveable City organized by The Institute for Environment and Development (LESTARI) National University of Malaysia (UKM) 1 June 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! that's my mother! (Dr. Hazita Azmaan)

:)

cheers~

PEOPLE AROUND ME..FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

PEOPLE AROUND ME..FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
To my Wife, Zulaini, my sons Zulazlan, Zulazman, Zulazmir, Zulazmin dan my daughter, Nuris Zulazlin...I love you all..thank you being with me

CIRCLE OF FRIENDS... KUALA LUMPUR PROJECT OFFICE

CIRCLE OF FRIENDS... KUALA LUMPUR PROJECT OFFICE
Thank you guys...for your support and encouragement

2007 / 2008 METHODOLOGY AND QUALITATIVE RESEARCH COURSE FOR PHD CANDIDATES

2007 / 2008 METHODOLOGY AND QUALITATIVE RESEARCH COURSE FOR PHD CANDIDATES
My new friends during my course in INTAN 9 Jan -2 Mac 2007

KUALA LUMPUR PROJECT OFFICE, JOURNEY TO MOUNT OF KINABALU SABAH 21-22 JANUARY 2006

KUALA LUMPUR PROJECT OFFICE, JOURNEY TO MOUNT OF KINABALU SABAH 21-22 JANUARY 2006
WE CAME, WE SAW, WE CONQUERED 4095.2 METER ABOVE SEA LEVEL

How are you, guys? Where you are now?

FOOD CLOCK