Monday 4 February 2008

AFTER A MONTH IN UKM

Now is February 2008 . Its mean I already a month in UKM. Since March 2007 after my 3 months Methodology and Quantitative Course for Phd Candidates in INTAN Bukit Kiara. I am thinking and imagine how is my life in university again. Is my life will be up side down? Or this is good time for me to take a rest? I still remember good friend of mine give me an advice before I am decided to enter a world of PhD . He adviced was "Mizam, in the world of PhD you only have 2 choices , if you think doing PhD is a serious job, your life will be chaotic and lot of things to do but you will enjoy it... but if you think doing PhD is your honey moon season, your life will be light and easy but you will be bored. The choice is yours, Mizam". I keep thinking about his advice.

On 22nd December 2007, I met Assoc Prof Dr Hamzah Jusoh and we discussed about my PhD preparation in UKM. He adviced me to read a lot of books, attend public lectures organised by Faculty or UKM, to create my research blog and sit in a few master programme classes. I follow his advices and it is true my time is full and keep me busy. I take my friend 1st advise, doing PhD is a serious job, make my life not chaotic but full a lot of activities. I really enjoy it. I hope its going to be doing well until I complete my PhD... insyallah. In a month I completed My Phd Journal Volume 1. Now I am trying to complete My Phd Journal Volume 2, in the whole of February. I try to discover a theory of development and urban planning in the context of Islam and Western school of thought from 7th Century until 21st century.

I also try to find out how Marxist and Capitalist theories influence the development of urban and regional planning from renaissance era until globalization era. 1st February 2008, I attended Professorial Speech by Prof Dr Kamaruddin M Said, topic on War, Peace and Development Relation to Industrialization. He gave me a new idea and inspiration how sosialist and capitalist theories have related with urban and regional planning the context of physical , economic, social and environment development not in global perspective (macro) but also in Malaysia (micro).

IF ANYBODY WHO READ AND REVIEW MY BLOG PLEASE ASSIST ME WHERE CAN I FIND VERY GOOD REFERENCES.

No comments:

PEOPLE AROUND ME..FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

PEOPLE AROUND ME..FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
To my Wife, Zulaini, my sons Zulazlan, Zulazman, Zulazmir, Zulazmin dan my daughter, Nuris Zulazlin...I love you all..thank you being with me

CIRCLE OF FRIENDS... KUALA LUMPUR PROJECT OFFICE

CIRCLE OF FRIENDS... KUALA LUMPUR PROJECT OFFICE
Thank you guys...for your support and encouragement

2007 / 2008 METHODOLOGY AND QUALITATIVE RESEARCH COURSE FOR PHD CANDIDATES

2007 / 2008 METHODOLOGY AND QUALITATIVE RESEARCH COURSE FOR PHD CANDIDATES
My new friends during my course in INTAN 9 Jan -2 Mac 2007

KUALA LUMPUR PROJECT OFFICE, JOURNEY TO MOUNT OF KINABALU SABAH 21-22 JANUARY 2006

KUALA LUMPUR PROJECT OFFICE, JOURNEY TO MOUNT OF KINABALU SABAH 21-22 JANUARY 2006
WE CAME, WE SAW, WE CONQUERED 4095.2 METER ABOVE SEA LEVEL

How are you, guys? Where you are now?

FOOD CLOCK