5. PhD student should have the ability to relate things (that is seemingly unrelated) with their own research topics, some connections may help to answer the previously unanswered questions...
6. PhD student should be able to find information when needed (e.g. by exploring your University digital library, browsing wikipedia, googling, etc)!
7. PhD student should read literature review surrounding his/her thesis to be very familiar with the current state-of-the-art knowledge and in the other hand, making sure that he/she does not reinvent the wheel!
8. PhD student must constantly monitor what is happening around his/her area, especially the newly published works.
9. PhD student should be able to do multiple tasks at any time. If you become supervisor someday, you'll need to juggle between supervising 5-10 projects, teaching duties, administrative stuffs, plus your family (if you decide to marry someone), etc...
10. For every things that he/she do, PhD student should think of the main idea, how this work will be related to his/her main thesis!
11. PhD student should create a carefully designed research plan with timings, milestone, research goals/objectives, strategic research vision, etc. All of these should be properly formulated to avoid wasting time or wandering in the wrong direction. Frequent contact with your supervisor will help to reduce the problems around this issue.
12. PhD student should keep producing a lot of ideas. Few are useful, most of the others will be just failures. It is worth to note that good ideas exist not because of sudden leap of understanding. They exist only after conceiving many ideas that do not work before arriving at the one that works.
13. PhD student must be good in written/spoken English. Try to read good English magazines/newspapers, e.g. Time, Reader Digest, etc to improve your English language skill, especially grammar/thesaurus/writing skill! It is useful when you need to write long scientific documents in English. Also try to speak more English in various settings to improve your language skill. It is useful for your presentations.